Mica is a naturally occurring mineral that is based on a collection of silicate minerals and is composed of varying amounts of potassium (K), iron (Fe), aluminum (Al), magnesium (Mg), and water (H2O). It can resist nearly all mediums like chemicals, acids, gasses, alkalies, and oils.
Mica belongs to a very important and rather large group of minerals that are highly suitable for several applications. However, its advanced properties make it highly suitable for use in various places.
Mica Advanced properties:
- Physical: Mica is translucent, easily split into thin films along with its cleavage, optically flat, colorless in thin sheets, elastic, and incompressible.
- Chemical: It is a compound hydrous silicate of aluminum, which also contains iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium fluoride, lithium, and also few traces of numerous other elements. It is constant and entirely static to the action of water, acids (except for hydrofluoric and concentrated sulfur), alkalies, conventional solvents, bases, and oil. It remains almost unchanged by atmospheric action.
- Electrical: Mica has the exclusive combination of uniform dielectric steadiness, capacitance stability, enormous dielectric power, high Q factor, lower power loss, high electrical resistance, and low-temperature coefficient. It is highly regarded for its resistance to arc and corona discharge without causing any lasting injury.
- Thermal: It is highly fireproof, incombustible, non-flammable, infusible, and also can resist temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Celsius/1832 degrees Fahrenheit. However, this depends on the type and variety of Mica used. It has excellent thermal stability, and lower heat conductivity, and can be easily exposed to high temperatures without visible effect.
- Mechanical: Mica is highly tough, has high tensile strength, is elastic, and along with being flexible. It has immense compression power and can be machined, die-punched, or hand-cut.
- It is used in paints as a pigment extender and also helps to brighten the tone of colored pigments.
- It is a superior insulator. So in the electrical industry, it is used as thermal insulation, and in electronic equipment as electrical insulators.
- Its shiny and glittery appearance makes it ultimate for toothpaste and cosmetics.
- It is invariably used for fillers, and extenders along with providing smoother uniformity, improving workability, and preventing cracking.
- It can be used as an insulator in home attics, and concrete blocks and also poured into open-top walls.
- It can also be added to grease to increase its durability and give it a better surface.
- It can also be used as a soil conditioner particularly in potting soil mixes and in gardening plots.
Reliable Mica Manufacturer:
Where to buy mica sheets? Please contact us.
High Mica established in 2001, is an integrated high-tech enterprise, specializing in R&D, manufacture, and marketing of mica insulation material. We are China directly mica sheet manufacturer.
Factories covering an area of over 30,000 m2 have over 50,000,000 RMB in the capital, more than 400 employees, more than 50 engineering groups, and more than 50 sets of advanced equipment for production and testing, with the output of 10,000 tons of mica products annually.
We insist on “Quality is life”. Control raw material quality strictly has strict supplier selection procedures. Also has strict management and manufacturing control system, been approved by ISO9001:2008. Its products are certified by UL CE TUV and confirmed with IEC, BS, RoHS, and REACH EU directives and regulations, to meet the electric power, petrochemical, railway, construction, information, aviation, automotive, house appliance, and metallurgical industries of almost all needs. Has gained a good reputation from the exporting market of more than 30 countries and regions with more than 1,000 regular customers.